Science Forums

Spammers @ Hypography

Turtle

over the last 5 days hypog has added 179 new members...all spammers. :omg: what gives? i see when looking at their profiles many are listed as banned; is this automatic somehow? is this hurting our forum, or do we benefit by having more members on our board even if they are banned?

besides that bit of rubbish, i see many spammers are getting their links up on our page by adding them as comments to members posting Status Updates on the sidebar. again, what gives? i seem to have lost the ability/permission to report these posts; is that a glitch or was it an admin action?

enquiring minds want to know. :shrug:

• 2 months later...

I never appreciated ads. If they want to advertise they should pay Tormod, imo.

there may be some such legitimate ads that help offset the cost, but i'm not sure of it. maybe someone will read your concern here and post a reply.

it's the free-riders who join & put their links in threads, the blogs, and the status box that i am sure of. watch the member count in the lower right corner of the main page. 5 more new member spammers since this morning. 1500+ in 2 months. good grief.