pamela, on 29 February 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:
hey i am trying to figure out where you are coming from. Do you mean the fight/flight response?
I mean the fight/flight response gone wrong. Without the fear of lions we wouldn't be afraid of, say, ghosts or cockroaches. People have irrational fears because they have fear in general. Who was it that said "you shall not fear anything but fear itself". Fear is behind most ills in our society, yet it is something fundamental to our survival.
Moontanman, on 29 February 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:
In our society the fear or hatred of homosexuals in deeply rooted in the Bible
- You shall have no other gods before Me: but we can worship saints as if they were gods?
- You shall not make any likeness of anything that is in heaven above: except Catholics?
- You shall not take the name of God in vain: Oh my God!
- Remember the Sabbath: Christians don't go to malls on weekends?
- Honor your father and your mother: no Christians in dysfunctional families?
- You shall not murder: no Christians in prison?
- You shall not commit adultery: no comment...
- You shall not steal: see comment above about prisons.
- You shall not bear false witness: no Christian lawyers?
- You shall not covet anything that is your neighbour's: Christians don't try to keep up with the Joneses?
So, the fear of hatred of homosexuals is deeply rooted in the Bible. Right. Well, thanks to the Bible we live in a perfectly harmonious society, without thieves, murderers, dysfunctional families, jealous neighbours. I say homophobia, if it comes from the Bible like all those wonderful things, is a small price to pay to live in such a wonderful society.
Enough said. See you folks in other threads. It's been fun.
This post has been edited by bravox: 29 February 2012 - 12:17 PM