Science Forums

Animals...

Boerseun

Not a thread expecting any replies, but I thought I'd share it in any case...

This afternoon, we took my friend's dog to the vet (suspecting tick-bite fever).

And we offloaded the mutt, my friend accompanying his dog to the inspection room, and I stood outside in the reception office waiting, staring at the wall-posters informing me about all the cool domestic animals and what their proper names and pedigrees are.

And the next moment, something gripped my ankle, and started growling and biting like a sumbitch.

Surprised, I looked down, to find that I am being devoured by the hungriest, most viscious (albeit playful) two-month old lion cub I've seen in my life!

Apparently the poor cub accidently swallowed rat poison, and was about to croak, so they sent it to the vet - who fixed it up and was waiting for the owner to come pick it up again.

But when the sucker started chowin' down on my leg, I could see there was nothing wrong with it.

It was a very cool experience, though!

I played with it for a while, and I've got a bleeding pinky to prove it!

Good thing it wasn't a baby giraffe, though.

Funniest thing was when I got home, my dog just gave my leg one sniff, and went running!

Just thought I'd share a happy moment with you Hypographites!

A lion at the vet's? That's got to be one of the coolest things I've ever heard!

"Hi honey, what'd you do today?"

"Not much. I was at the vet for a while. While I was hanging out, I got bit by a lion I was playing with."

Man... I need to go chill at a Braai! I think if I had a line like that at a bar, I would be getting laid countless times... :surprise:

"So, I was swimming in my friends pool when a sea lion came over..."

Nope... that's too much.

"The other day, we were walking through the grocery store and a wooley mammoth..."

No, she won't believe that either.

"We were driving through the car wash when a penguin..."

Damn you foreigners and your naturally cool stories!!! :cup:

:gift:

Cheers. :surprise:

Damn you foreigners and your naturally cool stories!!! :cup: :surprise:

Remember, to me *you* are the foreigner! :gift: I haven't been bitten by a lion cub, but I remember one visiting our school once, and we were allowed to pet it. The company I work for has also "adopted" two cheetah cubs, and the owners of the cheetah rehabilitation centre where they live are scheduled to bring around a grown cheetah to our offices for a visit sometime soon. Isn't Africa just too cool? :cup:

Remember, to me *you* are the foreigner! :cup:

You know, I found myself thinking about this post a few times last night. Even though I completely meant it in a joking manner, I began to realize just how much Texas has sunk into my being... <shivers are running up my spine> :surprise:

I wanted to tell an armadillo story, but that's just not the same... :gift: