Science Forums

I Am

Queso

ah ok, i understand.

i used exel in a computer class long ago, and i was computing averages or something to that affect, and now i remeber the cells, and how yuo could tie them together in different ways to find answers to different functions more easily.

anyhow, let me know about the computing of spirographical nature

... let me know about the computing of spirographical nature

The doing was complicated. The explanation is simple (I think).

I drew a picture of the spirograph toy. There was the outer cogged wheel, a straight line "bar" and an inner cogged wheel with holes in its rim where you could put the tip of a ballpoint pen. You could select one of several different outer wheels, one of several different inner wheels, and you could mount the inner wheel center at different points on the bar that connected the centers of the two wheels.

Then I used that drawing to create the trigonometric equations (2 of them, one for X, the other for Y) that calculated the position of the pen tip. Now, that assumes that one of the wheels has been rotated a certain angle.

In one cell, the equations calcute the pen tip location (X,Y) for an angle of 0.

In the next cell, I calculate the pen tip for an angle of 1 degree.

In the next cell, I calculate the pen tip for an angle of 2 degrees.

In the next cell, I calculate the pen tip for an angle of 3 degrees.

In the next cell, I calculate the pen tip for an angle of 359 degrees.

That's one full rotation of the wheel.

Excel then plots the line that passes through all 360 (X,Y) points! Ta dah!

I am wanting a spirograph. I am wanting to browbeat you into saying "I am!"

You ARE!

You ARE!

Oh, gods and goddesses, you ARE!

And I AM your spirograph slave!

Beat me, whip me,

Make me write bad checks!

Force me to give you my spirograph!

I submit!

I of my own free will kiss the instep of your spiked heel shoe!

Oh gods and goddesses, you ARE!

I am wanting a spirograph. I am wanting to browbeat you into saying "I am!"

You ARE! ... Force me to give you my spirograph! I submit!

I of my own free will kiss the instep of your spiked heel shoe!

I am wanting to tell you to stop misquoting me! I've got a spirograph! My kid has a half-dozen of them of different sizes! You can keep yours! You may have slobered on it already! :rolleyes:

I am wanting to *hack* a Spirograph screen saver myself! I am just installing my VisualStudio 2005!

Hackingly yours,

Buffy

I am wanting to tell you to stop misquoting me! I've got a spirograph! My kid has a half-dozen of them of different sizes! You can keep yours! You may have slobered on it already! :rolleyes:

I am wanting to *hack* a Spirograph screen saver myself! I am just installing my VisualStudio 2005!

Ah! Yes. Well. I probably DID slobber on my spirograph when I was a kid.

However, in a manner that was (I admit) rather 'over the top' I was offering to give you the Excel simulation of spirograph, which I have NOT slobbered on. (My monitor is another matter.) From the sim, you might copy any given spirograph pattern that pleased you and paste it into VisualStudio.

However, in a manner that was (I admit) rather 'over the top'....
Have you noticed how much we love 'over-the-top' around here? :rolleyes:
... I was offering to give you the Excel simulation of spirograph, which I have NOT slobbered on.
Oh I would most enjoy your most excellent spread sheet delivered without slobber! It would be most useful although...
From the sim, you might copy any given spirograph pattern that pleased you and paste it into VisualStudio.
Nah, just absorb your algorithm and let the random number generator work its majestic magic...

for (;; ) printf("My name is Yon Yonson, I work in Wisconsinn");

Buffy

i used excel in a computer class long ago, and i was computing averages or something to that affect, and now i remeber the cells, and how yuo could tie them together in different ways to find answers to different functions more easily.

Okay, this is an experiment.

I am uploading an Excel file called SpiroX.

I hope it is obvious how to download it to your PC.

Of course, to <run> it, you must have EXCEL on your PC.

It's usually a part of Microsoft Office.

You will be asked to enable macros. Say YES, or I DO.

When you open the file, maximize its size.

Full instructions are included. Check the tabs at the bottom.

:rolleyes: Pyro