Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

No one is born with it, some never get it, those who get it may lose it in a second, & those who lose it may get it back in time or never at all. What is it? :hihi:
Say there my friend, this one is going to be a tough one to solve, me thinks. I've been studying for some time on this one and haven't come up with a good answer yet. Could you give us a little hint, BTW, flower is not the answer to my last riddle. You'll need to try again so I'll reciprocate and give you a hint: 'Something someone might use when repairing clothing'.................good luck

Say there my friend, this one is going to be a tough one to solve, me thinks. I've been studying for some time one this one and haven't come up with a good answer yet. Could you give us a little hint, BTW, flower is not the answer to my last riddle. You'll need to try again so I'll reciprocate and give you a hint: 'Something someone might use when repairing clothing'.................good luck

Acknowledged.

___Hint: it is neither animal, vegetable, or mineral.

___Second Guess: A needle?

Yes, a thimble by another name.

I'm still stumped Turtle, but I refuse to give up....................I must go into deep thought...............I'll get back with you when I have another answer.

___No; I got it wrong. A 'darning egg', also called 'darning bob' is not a thimble, but an egg or mushroom shaped knob on a handle which is inserted inside a sock with a hole providing a supporting surface for working the darning needle against. Some were plain, some fancy, some wood, ivory, etc.. No one mends socks anymore, or much of anything else. :cup:

___I like making these puzzles much better than solving them. :hihi:

___No; I got it wrong. A 'darning egg', also called 'darning bob' is not a thimble, but an egg or mushroom shaped knob on a handle which is inserted inside a sock with a hole providing a supporting surface for working the darning needle against. Some were plain, some fancy, some wood, ivory, etc.. No one mends socks anymore, or much of anything else. :cup:

___I like making these puzzles much better than solving them. :hihi:

My mistake also Turtle, I thought they were the same thing. I do have an excuse however, seeing as I'm completely inexperienced in that field of textile repair.

I'm still working on your last riddle, give me a little time and maybe i'll come up with the right answer.

My mistake also Turtle, I thought they were the same thing. I do have an excuse however, seeing as I'm completely inexperienced in that field of textile repair.

I'm still working on your last riddle, give me a little time and maybe i'll come up with the right answer.

Acknowledged; it's the news hour(s) here so I' off. Give y'all some piece & kwyet. :hihi:

I was reading through the thread - got to infamous' riddle, spent ages thinking about it (was sitting in the thread for like 20 mins and there where loads more replys), finally think ahhh thimble! when I get back to the thread scroll down and you had already given it away :hihi: to slow!

As for turtles riddle: money?

___Can't stay; wind storm approaching my stretch of Columbia River with 45 MPH + winds. Last 4 days, 3+ inches of rain in my gauge.. Infrared videotaping wind storm.

__Another hint to my riddle: Sometimes it is dry, sometimes, good, sometimes sick, sometimes lousy. Bubye. :hihi:

PS I offer one approving vote of reputation to the first to answer my riddle.