Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

___Pretty good one Infy;
Ahhhh yes, but not nearly as good as "When is a door not a door". That one really had us going Turtle. I'll have to dig around and see if I can come up with another riddle worthy of the outstanding minds we have here at Hypography.

I haven't any new ones yet, so how about another? I went on holiday but found web access & you had everyone in the house scaratching their heads. Have a piece of pi on me; infinite pumpkin with a squirt of quantum cream? :evil:
For certain, I love my pumpkin pie. I'm telling you, my family and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm as stuffed as that poor turkey was. Hope you and yours all had your fill of all the Thanksgiving fixings.

For certain, I love my pumpkin pie. I'm telling you, my family and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm as stuffed as that poor turkey was. Hope you and yours all had your fill of all the Thanksgiving fixings.

___Yes indeedy. Q: When is a turtle not a turtle? A: When he's out of his shell. :evil: Takes quite an effort to get me out of my yard, let alone travel; however I enjoyed myself thourougly visiting with family, cooking, debating, talking Katabataks, washing dishes, doing some needed household repairs, & of course the eating. To top it all off, I drove them all to the airport this morn on my way home.

___Glad to hear your holiday went wonderfully as well.

___Yes indeedy. Q: When is a turtle not a turtle? A: When he's out of his shell. :evil: Takes quite an effort to get me out of my yard, let alone travel; however I enjoyed myself thourougly visiting with family, cooking, debating, talking Katabataks, washing dishes, doing some needed household repairs, & of course the eating. To top it all off, I drove them all to the airport this morn on my way home.

___Glad to hear your holiday went wonderfully as well.

Say Turtle, I have a stupid question I need to ask of you. For the longest time now, I've been trying to figure out what the definition of 'Katabataks' is. I know if I were to read the entire thread I would probably find the answer to this question but I thought I'd try the lazy way first and just ask. I'm sure it has something to with number theory but I'm clueless as to where you got the name from. I hope I'm not showing my ignorance here. I'm not the smartest fellow around, but I sure don't want to advertise the fact.

Say Turtle, I have a stupid question I need to ask of you. For the longest time now, I've been trying to figure out what the definition of 'Katabataks' is. I know if I were to read the entire thread I would probably find the answer to this question but I thought I'd try the lazy way first and just ask. I'm sure it has something to with number theory but I'm clueless as to where you got the name from. I hope I'm not showing my ignorance here. I'm not the smartest fellow around, but I sure don't want to advertise the fact.

___I constructed the word as a re-spelling of 'catabatic', which comes from a Greek root katibaticos or something like that; it means 'to bring down'. In meteorology they speak of 'catabatic winds', which are strong downdrafts of sinking colder air. The Katabatak Function is the repeated adding of the numerals used to represent a number to arrive at one numeral as in numerology. It is congruent to modulo n of the same number represented by the numerals where n is the base chosen minus 1. A Katabatak Function output is the same as a remainder & also called residues under the area of math called congruence. :evil:

___I constructed the word as a re-spelling of 'catabatic', which comes from a Greek root katibaticos or something like that; it means 'to bring down'. In meteorology they speak of 'catabatic winds', which are strong downdrafts of sinking colder air. The Katabatak Function is the repeated adding of the numerals used to represent a number to arrive at one numeral as in numerology. It is congruent to modulo n of the same number represented by the numerals where n is the base chosen minus 1. A Katabatak Function output is the same as a remainder & also called residues under the area of math called congruence. :evil:
Yea, I was trying to Google katabatak here a while back and all I could find was that phrase "catabatic winds". At the time I found this expression, I didn't make any connection between it and the title of your thread. Now that you have spelled it out for me I can see where you got your logic from. Thanks for the information, not knowing how you came up with this title was really getting under my skin......................Turtle, your the man!!