Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

What is the time limit on these?

And I'm guessing that my "WATER" guess was wrong, as well, huh?

Hey, never said I was a genius... :eek:

:evil: Forgive me Irish; I didn't scroll back when I posted & I missed your water reply. Response to follow, but first...we have not discussed a time limit & you make an interesting point. I guess I have my own general rule of not giving the answer except when someone guesses it. My synergetic habit now is to respond to wrong answers by adding them to the list of clues. So here is my response to your wrong answer.

I am not water but water imprisons me & I imprison water.:eek:

Oxygen??

Now I have to modify my habit just a bit; you spur me on Irish. Oxygen is included in Infy's 'atmosphere' answer. The 'nature' in the original 2 lines of the riddle refers to Nature as an aggregate whole & not individual elements of nature.

The 'people' hower refers to individual people & not the aggregate of 'all people'.

Not the whip... no, no not the whip...yes, yes...the whip!

What is the time limit on these?

And I'm guessing that my "WATER" guess was wrong, as well, huh?

Hey, never said I was a genius... :evil:

Actually Irish, when I started this thread I didn't concieve of a time limit being necessary. And as the creator of this thread I ask that we not institute a time limit. I think it's very intertaining to struggle with a good riddle and I'm usually disapointed when the orginator of a riddle gives up the secret before anyone solves it.

gee Turtle this sure is a hard one - Im finding it hard to even take a guess at...

(you dont need to answer this with clues im just thinking outloud) Been able to move and been a prisoner leads me to it been living - but thats not always the case, when moving and imprisoned be people cant be big - but when in nature staying in same place it can be big, sounds like a plant... :)

hmmm I might have to get back to you

. And as the creator of this thread I ask that we not institute a time limit. I think it's very intertaining to struggle with a good riddle and I'm usually disapointed when the orginator of a riddle gives up the secret before anyone solves it.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't actually suggesting it, I was really grasping at straws for the answer. While I can tell that Turtle won't give it to us, I'm almost hoping that C1ay will pop in and just tell us. ;)

And frankly, the clues are just making me more confuzzled. Or was that the intent? :)

gee Turtle this sure is a hard one - Im finding it hard to even take a guess at...

(you dont need to answer this with clues im just thinking outloud) Been able to move and been a prisoner leads me to it been living - but thats not always the case, when moving and imprisoned be people cant be big - but when in nature staying in same place it can be big, sounds like a plant... ;)

hmmm I might have to get back to you

No need JayQ. I am a bonsai; I am a plant. Out of the mouths of babes.:)