Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

Alright Turtle-san

I just did a little research and found an answer that fits most of your clues and is something I know that you know about. :cup:

It indeed is a toy that has been used in battle.

It can be made of hemp

it is ancient and recognized

it can be very small or very large

it is 4 different letters

KITE !!!

If this isn't right I/we at least deserve another clue you scoundral! :cup:

I think you may have found the answer Racoon............Let's wait and see what Turtle has to say..................Infy

That will be difficult without giving it all away Racoon. But what the heck, The penniless man is hard __ , and the featherbed is soft ____.
OK everyone, I guess it's time to fill in the blanks; The penniless man is hard up, and the featherbed is soft down.

Next: I never was, am always to be, no one has ever seen me, or ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.

What am I??

OK everyone, I guess it's time to fill in the blanks; The penniless man is hard up, and the featherbed is soft down.

Next: I never was, am always to be, no one has ever seen me, or ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.

What am I??

Hmmm... the term "confidence" throws me a bit, but how 'about THE PRESENT?

What am I??

No sir; I also thought that term "confidence" might be a bit misleading, never-the-less it was included in the riddle. I'll give you a hint.............. When I look to the past, I see the present. I realize that hint will certainly give it away but, what the heck....................Infy

No sir; I also thought that term "confidence" might be a bit misleading, never-the-less it was included in the riddle. I'll give you a hint.............. When I look to the past, I see the present. I realize that hint will certainly give it away but, what the heck....................Infy

LOL... you're quick to give 'em away Infy. Hopefully I get it... I'm guessing THE FUTURE?