Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

I would still not call the killing humans (no matter how sharp their resolve is, no matter how evil and even if they are brainwashed) an un-nobel act.
I think you meant to say, "I would still not call the killing of humans a noble act instead of un-noble act. Suppose in the defense of another, one is forced to take the life of an aggressor? I can think of several cases where such an act would, in my opinion, be a noble act. In any event............next riddle:

How is it that a person born in Massachusetts, whose parents were both born in Massachusetts, is not born a U.S. citizen?

I think you meant to say, "I would still not call the killing of humans a noble act instead of un-noble act. Suppose in the defense of another, one is forced to take the life of an aggressor? I can think of several cases where such an act would, in my opinion, be a noble act. In any event............next riddle:

How is it that a person born in Massachusetts, whose parents were both born in Massachusetts, is not born a U.S. citizen?

Ok I will give you that one wise Infy!

To take a stab at your riddle - is there a different Massachusetts not within the U.S?

ok so was it before Independance day when the U.S didnt exsist?
Actually Jay-qu, that is very close to the right answer so I,ll relent and give it away: If he was born before 1783, then Massachusetts would still have been a British colony. Therefore he would not have been born a U.S. citizen................Infy

The riddle is a house...

The passive-solar house is positioned to absorb winter sunlight, warming the interior walkways and walls of the residence. Geothermal heat pumps circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet (100 m) deep in the ground. A 40,000 US gallon (151 m³) underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof urns; wastewater from sinks, toilets, and showers cascades into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is then used to irrigate the landscaping around the four-bedroom home.

Who's home am I?

Bill

The riddle is a house...

The passive-solar house is positioned to absorb winter sunlight, warming the interior walkways and walls of the residence. Geothermal heat pumps circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet (100 m) deep in the ground. A 40,000 US gallon (151 m³) underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof urns; wastewater from sinks, toilets, and showers cascades into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is then used to irrigate the landscaping around the four-bedroom home.

Who's home am I?

Bill

I'm assuming that we are not talking about the residence of a human being here, because that riddle would certainly be much to vague, considering the scope of choices. Sooooooo, I'm going with the only thought that comes to mind after reading your clues: A beaver dam

I'm assuming that we are not talking about the residence of a human being here, because that riddle would certainly be much to vague, considering the scope of choices. Sooooooo, I'm going with the only thought that comes to mind after reading your clues: A beaver dam

Not a beaver dam.

Another hint. Those who love the owner, and those who hate the owner would never guess the owner himself wanted the house built so green.

Given the number of possibilities for the solution to this riddle, I suspect we'll be at this one for quite a while. In truth, this is somewhat more than a riddle webenton. We will need to know a few more facts about this individual to be able to name him............Infy

OK, but I am not going to make it easy.

By name he is 3/4 of his father.