Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

Sorry about that Infy... I zoned for a few days...

Hint: He was told yes twice, but he has never said no.

I'm at a complete lose webenton, the only answer that even comes to mind would be; God and the garden of Eden. I understand this is probably not the right answer, just waiting on another clue.....................Infy

I'm at a complete lose webenton, the only answer that even comes to mind would be; God and the garden of Eden. I understand this is probably not the right answer, just waiting on another clue.....................Infy

Well, upon further review that last clue probably wouldn't help much. Lets see if I can do better this time...

This house may be "green", but his other house is known for its color.

Bill

The passive-solar house is positioned to absorb winter sunlight, warming the interior walkways and walls of the residence. Geothermal heat pumps circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet (100 m) deep in the ground. A 40,000 US gallon (151 m³) underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof urns; wastewater from sinks, toilets, and showers cascades into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is then used to irrigate the landscaping around the four-bedroom home.

Who's home am I?

ughaibu is right TheBigDog

It is George W. Bush

Prairie Chapel Ranch is a 1583 acre (6.4 km²) estate located seven miles (10 km) northwest of Crawford, Texas. It is the home of President George W. Bush. Then–Governor Bush bought the land, which was a former pig farm, in 1999 shortly after earning a $14.3-million profit from the sale of the Texas Rangers. Based on fair-market land prices at the time the deal was closed for an estimated $1.3 million. While Bush is there as President, the estate is known as the Western White House.

The passive-solar house is positioned to absorb winter sunlight, warming the interior walkways and walls of the residence. Geothermal heat pumps circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet (100 m) deep in the ground. A 40,000 US gallon (151 m³) underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof urns; wastewater from sinks, toilets, and showers cascades into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is then used to irrigate the landscaping around the four-bedroom home.

Who's home am I?

This is what I started with. It is a description of a radically echo friendly home.

Those who love the owner, and those who hate the owner would never guess the owner himself wanted the house built so green.

Second clue, nobody would suspect the owner of such a green design to his home (He is often misunderestimated).

By name he is 3/4 of his father.

Third clue is with names. Father = George Herbert Walker Bush. Son = George Walker Bush

He was told yes twice, but he has never said no.

This was admittedly obscure. He has been elected twice, but has used the veto

This house may be "green", but his other house is known for its color.

This was the giveaway. There are not too many houses known for their color.

George Bush?

Yes, ughaibu, you are mostly correct. President George Bush.

Bill