Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

buffy why is the H (and maybe also the y) in the word Hypography in your sig in italics?
That's a riddle, isn't it? There's a very specific (and I *thought* obvious) reason, so I'll let you riddle me that...

Nope, "y" is not italicized, if that helps any...

Enigmatically,

Buffy

...perhaps the H is...
Hint 2: Scroll up to the top of the page. Squint.

...but I truely dont know about the space and time one :eek2:
Much more subtle, but also is useful to squint.

Forests are pretty! You should look at them sometime! :eek_big:

Buffy

Turtle's a mega genius! Bow down to him!!
The proof in that comment can be illustrated by reading his last riddle.........boy!!! You talk about a tough one, I've been racking by brain for some time now with absolutely no luck.....................You are the man Turtle, you are the man......................Infy

Turtle's a mega genius! Bow down to him!!
The proof in that comment can be illustrated by reading his last riddle.........boy!!! You talk about a tough one, I've been racking by brain for some time now with absolutely no luck.....................You are the man Turtle, you are the man......................Infy

You are too kind Gentlemen!:hihi: The only bowing going on in my presence however is by those stooping to get down to my level.:)

Here's the current riddle again & it's a stumper indeed! No further clues! :singer: Yet.:shrug:

What palindromic term may mean something done, something promised, or something given?

:)

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif

What palindromic term may mean something done, something promised, or something given?

:)

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif
This is as close as I can come Turtle:

A man, a plan, a canal: Panama

I can see where a plan fits 'something promised', and a canal fits 'something given' but a man doesn't fit 'something done'. Sooooooooooo, maybe it's time for a little hint, whaduya think??????

...........................Infy

This is as close as I can come Turtle:

A man, a plan, a canal: Panama

I can see where a plan fits 'something promised', and a canal fits 'something given' but a man doesn't fit 'something done'. Sooooooooooo, maybe it's time for a little hint, whaduya think??????

...........................Infy

Well thought Sir Infy! You sure know how to get a clue from me with a well thought incorrect answer I'll say.:hammer: Very well...here it is: the palindromic term that is the answer to the riddle is a single word of fewer than :) ...twelve letters.:D :cup:

Well thought Sir Infy! You sure know how to get a clue from me with a well thought incorrect answer I'll say.:hammer: Very well...here it is: the palindromic term that is the answer to the riddle is a single word of fewer than :) ...twelve letters.:D :cup:
My dear friend, I'm a little ashamed that I asked you for that hint because I think I was making the answer too hard. Is the answer?.............

Deed