Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

but still the one I am not looking for.. the answer I was looking for can be found below by high-lighting

laughter/slaughter

Good one Jay-qu.............next:

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word, from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the orginal word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world?

Mt. Everest of course. Unless you include the landmass that extends underwater. In which case the answer is Mauna Kea of Hawaii. :shrug:

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word, from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the orginal word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

Hmmmm...don't know..

How about a hint?

:)

working backwards I can tell you it must have an I or an A because they are the only 1letter words I can think of

- 2 letter words with I and A are: at, it, is, as, an am Im (ah?)

probably more.. then once you go to 3 letters it balloons out.

I find myself at the same wall with this one Jay-qu...

I or A as the final... S as the first letter in the 9 group.

Infy:

I'm guessing ANY letter can be removed, not just the front or back, but also anywhere in the middle? This one is Boggling... :beer:

I find myself at the same wall with this one Jay-qu...

I or A as the final... S as the first letter in the 9 group.

Infy:

I'm guessing ANY letter can be removed, not just the front or back, but also anywhere in the middle? This one is Boggling... :)

Right your are Infy2, any letter and not in any particular order.

Another hint: The letter S remains in all but the last two words. Good luck..........................Infy1

1. I or A

2. It or Im or In or Am or At or An (m, n, t)

3. sit or sim or sin or mas or sat or san

4. **** or sith or silt or slim or or skin or mask or mass or mast or sate or skat or sand or slam or slan

5. smile or snail or males

6. and I cant think right now..