Science Forums

Riddles

infamous

Fella gets on an elevator and goes to the 12th floor. He gets off the elevator and walks up 5 flights to floor 17 (where he lives). The elevator goes all the way up and it's not broken. :( (this one is not a particularly good riddle, but requires a bit of clever, out-of-the-box thinking)

~modest

Has anybody solved this riddle yet, I have not seen the answer, if it has not been

solved Modest, give us some hints, okay.

William

I think it's still in play.

Freezy, I don't get the rain clue. Maybe the version of this riddle that you've heard is different than the one I've heard. :D

hint:

He can't reach the 17th floor in the elevator.

~modest

I think it's still in play.

Freezy, I don't get the rain clue. Maybe the version of this riddle that you've heard is different than the one I've heard. :)

hint:

~modest

Ahh, so we have two different elevator riddles running parallel apparently. :) ;)

Ahh, so we have two different elevator riddles running parallel apparently. :) ;)

Wait... when it rains he has an umbrella! ;) Ok, we're thinking of the same thing. I was just being fooled by my own riddle. :)

Whats the next line..

;) (no google-ing and if you have seen it, let the others have a shot first!)

If this is still up for grabs, I think I have it (or at least something that might make sense)

and next would be 131221

~modest

No and no sorry goku and modest.

I think a clue is in order.. I will add the next line:

now give me the next one ;)

ahhh.. The next would be 312211. :phones:

For some reason I was grouping the digits or describing them from largest to smallest. I'm not sure why I would do that verses just describing them left to right.

That's a good riddle! :evil:

~modest

Nope. Consider the rain hint I gave.

Fella gets on an elevator and goes to the 12th floor. He gets off the elevator and walks up 5 flights to floor 17 (where he lives). The elevator goes all the way up and it's not broken. (this one is not a particularly good riddle, but requires a bit of clever, out-of-the-box thinking)

The building is not finished above the 12th floor and is open. If he gets off

on the 12th floor their is no roof or covering so he will get wet. He may be

a construction worker working on the unfinished building.

This could be a homeless man camping out on the 17th floor of an unfinished

building or a building under remodeling.

Hey Freeztar how do I make the Smilies work or do you have to have a paid

membership to make them work ??? Can somebody tell me ???

William

How about this one.

You are in a room with three gods, one is the god of truth, one is the god of lies and the other is the god of truth and lies. The god of truth only tells the truth, the god of lies only tells lies and the god of both only tells a lie or the truth at random. They can only answer in a language known only to them and they can only answer yes and no, ya and da in their language but you don't know what either word means. how can you ask them only three questions (total) to find out which one is which?

This is a tough riddle Moon, how bout a hint to help us out to solve it okay ??

Moon do you know how to make the Smilies work, I can not figure out how to

make the smilies work ??

William

How about this one.

You are in a room with three gods, one is the god of truth, one is the god of lies and the other is the god of truth and lies. The god of truth only tells the truth, the god of lies only tells lies and the god of both only tells a lie or the truth at random. They can only answer in a language known only to them and they can only answer yes and no, ya and da in their language but you don't know what either word means. how can you ask them only three questions (total) to find out which one is which?

The three questions

1. To the god of truth - Are you the god of truth ?

2. To the god of lies - Are you the god of lies ?

3. To the god of truth and lies - Are you the god of truth and lies ?

Working on it ???

William

Fella gets on an elevator and goes to the 12th floor. He gets off the elevator and walks up 5 flights to floor 17 (where he lives). The elevator goes all the way up and it's not broken. (this one is not a particularly good riddle, but requires a bit of clever, out-of-the-box thinking)

The building is not finished above the 12th floor and is open. If he gets off

on the 12th floor their is no roof or covering so he will get wet. He may be

a construction worker working on the unfinished building.

This could be a homeless man camping out on the 17th floor of an unfinished

building or a building under remodeling.

Nope. The elevator works fine. Other people take it up to the 17th floor no problem. Consider my earlier hint:

Hey Freeztar how do I make the Smilies work or do you have to have a paid

membership to make them work ??? Can somebody tell me ???

While writing your post you should see some smileys on the right side of the text that looks like this:

Just click on one - it will put it wherever your cursor is. You can also click on "more" and a window will pop up (if your browser allows pop-ups) with more smileys.

You can also make a normal smile like this... :shrug: and it will post like this... :naughty:

~modest

Nope. The elevator works fine. Other people take it up to the 17th floor no problem. Consider my earlier hint:

While writing your post you should see some smileys on the right side of the text that looks like this:

Just click on one - it will put it wherever your cursor is. You can also click on "more" and a window will pop up (if your browser allows pop-ups) with more smileys.

You can also make a normal smile like this... :naughty: and it will post like this... :shrug:

~modest

Their is something that I am doing wrong, I click on them like on other sites

but they don't go in. My settings must be wrong ????

William: shrug: I think that I just figured it out, you have to have the

post Icons on the first top right spot to make them work, we will see ???

William :shrug:

You can also make a normal smile like this... :shrug: and it will post like this... :)

~modest

Freezstar says that the elevator goes all the way to the top and it is not

broken :naughty::shrug:

ahhh.. The next would be 312211. :shrug:

For some reason I was grouping the digits or describing them from largest to smallest. I'm not sure why I would do that verses just describing them left to right.

That's a good riddle! :)

~modest

I'm still trying to find the pattern... :shrug:

:naughty: