Science Forums

Quartz deposits stacked.

This may be a bit off-topic, but I want to see what you guys think.

I have been studying the piezo-electric effect and its ability to create negative ions ever since my grandson and I found a stack of quartz rocks in our canyon in southern Colorado. I can't imagine a way that these rocks just fell of the cliff and ended up like this, or a flood put them there, they are the only rocks down in the canyon, and they face the valley.

There is a spring-fed stream next to them, and we have found pottery shards and arrowheads. If negative ions and "disturbed" water add to a good feeling, then I feel that the first peoples to find this spring long ago raised generations

there, why not?

The quartz crystal must have been the "magic" that the ancient peoples understood and built "machines" like the pyramids that utilized this effect. The workers that built such things must have been well fed and "whistled while they worked". 

exploringourcanyon44.png.f3f8bb12128aee48a58e368fd41c43a4.png   energybeam4.png.7be570f2a22df739e65b30a77a4c29ce.png 

"Colorado Forest Beings" is such an interesting site in relation to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyvc4h08tCY&t=153s

On 9/10/2024 at 7:50 AM, Moontanman said:

Did you consider they might be part of a glacial deposit? 

That’s the most logical, and certainly correct explanation. Such rock formations are called glacial erratics.

They are very common in Colorodo, especially near the town of Red Cliff.

There is no magical piezo-electric, negative ion magic involved, although the piezo-electric effect is very interesting and deserves a thread of its own.

Returning to the subject of glacial erratics:

Curious Nature Rocks Tell Tales As Old As Time

"One of the most prominent features near the town of Red Cliff are the red cliffs. This vibrant hue is due to the quartzite rocks in the cliff faces containing hematite. Specifically, it’s the oxidation reaction of the iron found in the grains of hematite that becomes rust when exposed to oxygen which turns the rocks red. Quartzite itself is a hard metamorphic rock that does not weather easily. Quartzite ridges are often exposed with barely any vegetation because it is difficult for the roots to dig into the hard and nutrient-poor substrate.

Another neat geological phenomenon to keep an eye out for near Red Cliff are glacial erratics. These are rocks that were moved from one place to another by a glacier. They can range from the size of pebbles to giant boulders and the lithology, the type of rock, of glacial erratics are different from the bedrock of its landing site. This means that based on the lithology of some of the erratics, it is possible to determine from where, when, and the direction the glacier flowed. Glacial erratics often bare signs of their journey with striations or scratches, rounded edges and polished faces."